Clare College Cambridge

Welfare Officers and Students' Unions' Advice Service


Undergraduate Students:


The Union of Clare Students (UCS) has two Welfare Officers, who are there to aid students by providing support and advice for any problems within college. Alongside welfare reps, it is their job to be active in college life, providing information about sexual health and work stress etc.  They are able to provide resources such as condoms, pregnancy tests and information on how to request chlamydia tests. Although these are important aspects of the role, the welfare officers are primarily there to, along with the nurse, provide any form of support required by all of the student body.  

 For further information see the UCS Website or for all things welfare go to the Clare College Welfare Facebook page


Graduate Students:


The Middle Common Room (MCR) at Clare is the home to around 300 students who are studying for Masters or Doctorates in the Arts and Sciences.  There is a MCR  Welfare Officer who is there to support graduate students. 

For further information please see the MCR website


External to College:    


CUSU & the Graduate Union provide confidential and independent support to all students through the Students' Unions' Advice Service They employ two full time, Professional Student Advisors  whose primary role is providing confidential & impartial support to all students. 

The elected Sudent Advice Officers are also able to provide support and representation.  You can contact them at any time, whether it's a first point of call or a last resort.  Their support is student-centred and free: they are independent from the College and the University so no one will know that you've contacted them unless you tell them.