Clare College Cambridge

International Students

Clare has its own International Tutor, Professor Roel Sterckx, who provides informal guidance for students of any nationality (including UK) who would like to discuss the difficulties of living and studying overseas in an environment that may be different not only linguistically but also culturally.

The University also has its own International Student Office and provide specialist support to students who come to study at Cambridge from outside the UK.  They will help promote and support student mobility opportunities and administer some specific international funding awards.

Current students from outside the UK should visit the International Students area of the University website for guidance on immigration, orientation and studying at Cambridge.

The University's Brexit pages continue to be updated and remain a convenient and reliable source of information and reference point.

Visa information

Overseas students who need a visa to study in the UK will be required to register with the College on arrival and at the start of each Term, you will be required to do this for the duration of your course.

You will be sent information in advance of your coming to Clare asking you to register on arrival at Clare with Yuanyuan Zhu in the Tutorial Office.  You should bring with you, your passport and visa. These documents will be scanned and uploaded to the University's secure database (CamSIS) to meet the terms of your visa requirements. 

Please note that it is your responsibility that you meet these requirements, and not that of Clare.  You must ensure that you report your arrival and your monitoring points at the beginning of each term. Clare College is legally obliged to report to the UK Border Agency any student who fails to fulfil any of their visa responsibilities.  If you have any problems throughout your stay to meet any of the requirements you must notify Yuanyuan Zhu as soon as you can. Further details and information can be found on the International Student Office pages on the Cambridge University website.

Please remember that information from the UK Border Agency in regards to immigration, visas etc.. is often subject to change. Students should always consult the UK Border Agency website for up-to-date information.

Full written ministerial statement