Types of Records
Letter from Richard Cromwell to fellows of Clare College (ref: CCHR/6/1/1/5/1)
The records may be divided into the following areas and examples are given of what is available:
- Governing Records - Statutes, election papers, Council minutes
- Internal Administration - Minutes of committees, Fellows' accounts, Buttery accounts, Library registers
- Property and estate papers - Deeds, terriers and surveys of the many College properties in and around Cambridge and further afield in places including Stepney, London, Leamington Spa and Scarborough
- Academic and tutorial - Admission Registers, Tutorial accounts, examination results
- Clubs and societies - Boat Club, Rugby Club, Clare Association
- Photographs - Matriculation, sports teams
- Papers of individuals – Mainly official papers but also some private and personal papers. Noteworthy collections include musical manuscripts of Cecil Sharp and Denis Browne as well as records of Masters of Clare such as Samuel Blythe and Henry Thurkill.
The Archive Collection Policy describes our terms for acquiring and collecting material for the Archives.