Strategic & Financial Information
"Our purpose is that through their study and teaching at the University they should discover and acquire the precious pearl of learning, so that it does not stay hidden under a bushel but is displayed abroad to enlighten those who walk in the dark paths of ignorance."
Clare College, Preamble to the Statutes of the Foundress, 1359
In the context of accelerating national and global changes, the long-term, strategic aims of Clare College are:
• To maintain its emphasis on the individual in academic and pastoral provision; to deliver a world-class undergraduate education by safeguarding the provision of small-group teaching through the College-based supervision system, increasingly rare amongst the world’s top research universities; and to achieve excellence in education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels while maintaining pastoral support through the tutorial system;
• To support a community of Fellows, students and staff, allowing the benefits of a large, internationally renowned university to be realised in a small-scale and close-knit community;
• To foster and support a community of active alumni contributing to the life and future of the College;
• To promote academic research of the highest quality;
• To maintain and enhance the endowments and benefactions, historic buildings and grounds of the College for the benefit of future generations.
Read our 2011-15 Strategic Plan to find out more.
Please follow the links below to find out more about how Clare College is funded and our past financial performance:
Clare's Endowment: 2016
Annual Financial Statements:2014-15 | 2013-14 | 2012-13 | 2011-12 | 2010-11 | 2009-10 | 2008-09
Departmental Annual Reports:
Clare College Annual Reports:
To read or download our Annual Reports please click here.