Clare College Cambridge

Request Graduate Accommodation


We attempt to house all our M.Phil and PhD students for the official length of their course (either 11 months or 3 years).The maximum duration of stay for a PhD student who has already completed an M.Phil is limited to 3 years. We hope to arrange accommodation for all our graduates who come from outside Cambridge, provided they have requested it sufficiently in advance. Partnered graduates are accommodated in houses or flats owned by the College, although these are limited in number. All of them are within easy cycling distance of the College, University Departments and shopping facilities.  We offer flats or single rooms in houses owned by the College in the City.  Further details about graduate accommodation and the current housing stock can be found here.

Graduate students cannot be housed in College accommodation beyond their 4th year of study, except in exceptional circumstances.

If you have been made an offer at Clare please complete the online form below even if you do not wish to apply for accommodation:

Do you require accommodation?
First Name
Email Address
Expected Start Date
Expected Completion Date
Proposed Status
Type of Accommodation
Single Type:

Single Location: This is only indicative and cannot be guaranteed.

Partnered Accommodation: This is only indicative and cannot be guaranteed.
If you wish to request a Parking Permit please give details of the model, colour and registration no. of the car.
Please include any other comments or information that may assist in allocation of accommodation. All information is treated in strict confidence.
[ Change Image ]