Enrolling for Examinations
Examination Enrolment October 2012
Nearly all undergraduate students will sit University examinations. To complete the examinations for a B.A. Honours degree you will need to be classed in at least two Tripos examinations. In a number of subjects three tripos examinations must be taken. Natural Science and Engineering students taking a four-year course will sit four Tripos examinations. Detailed information about the Tripos examinations can be found here.
Most students sitting an examination will need to enrol for their exams through their self-service CamSIS account. (Please follow instructions below). Entries should only be made after consultation with your Director of Studies about your paper choices.
For those students who have no choice in their papers, the University Board of Exams will automatically enrol you in your examination. Please click here for a list of non-optional examinations. If your subject is NOT listed here you must enrol for exams.
For those students who do have a choice of papers the exam enrolment window will be open from 1st October until 8th November.
Please note candidates for Part III Physics should only enter their Major Topic choices. The enrolment window will reopen in the Lent Term in order for Part III Physics to accept their Minor Topic choices, the Research Project, the General Physics Paper and the Long Vacation project if you have done it. There is also one Major Topic 1/QFT (borrowed from Maths Part III)
Instructions for examination verification
On-line demo: http://www.camsis.cam.ac.uk/cam-only/log_in_students/
To verify your exam enrolment:
- Log in to your CamSIS self-service account
- You should see a notice at the top of the page that reads "you have exam enrolments to verify". Alternatively click on the link which says "Enrol in an examination". Click start examination enrolment button.
- Select your 'career', in most cases this will be undergraduate. Click the 'next' button.
- Now you can choose your subject area. If your subject is not displayed, add it using the 'add a new subject' button. Now please select the Term in which you are sitting your examinations (usually Easter 2013).
- Now select your examinations. Click the add button which will tick the papers your are enrolling in (you will see a confirmation of your paper each time you add). You can drop a paper at anytime, just click the 'drop' button. When you have chosen your exams click the 'finish' button.
- Finally, you should see a confirmation of your enrolment. If you are happy with this then click the 'ok' button.
- If you selected "request change" a page will appear asking you to confirm your choice. If you are happy with the choice you have made, click yes to confirm it. This will then take you to a page that shows you have requested a change to the exams you have been registered to sit.
- Please remember that choosing "request change" DOES NOT automatically change the exam you will sit and you MUST visit the Tutorial Office to arrange to have your name added to the correct examination. If you change your mind about any of your paper choices or have any corrections to make to examination entries after the enrolment deadline please contact the Tutorial Office directly.
- You should find this process self-explanatory,but if you have any questions about registering for your examinations on CamSIS or any other questions about examinations, please contact Lesley Lambert in the tutorial office.
Please note: Under certain circumstances, students may be allowed to take their examinations under special conditions. These applications are always made through your Tutor. The closing date for applications relating to existing, diagnosed conditions is 31st January 2013. It is most important that you discuss your requirements with your Tutor or with Lesley Lambert in the Tutorial Office before this deadline.
Please also see the University webpages relating to exams.